Friday 13 December 2013

In the ditch

He gets into the car heading for the shops
Doesn't even think about driving safely
Just accelerates: doesn't look around at the gate
One day he'll just hit someone as he goes about
What do I have to do to make him think: about?
All these silly things he's doing: without a bloody thought!
Why can't he just grow up & be the man he ought?
Lord I am at the end of my tether: wondering whether?
He will ever be sensible again? What then?
Today he drove into a ditch: wasn't aware at all
That Josef was coming up the drive in his little "Sunny"
He came to wake me up: certainly not being very funny!
"The car's stuck in a ditch: can't get it out at all!"
"What have you done now?" I say to him 
"What were you really doing?"
He had to drive it off the road: made a snap decision
Now the tyres are bogged in dirt & dust is all around
Cannot back it out at all: he'll have to drive it forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment