Friday 13 December 2013

My Christmas List

I have a list of folks I know all written in a book and
Every year at Christmas time I go & have a look and
That is when I realize that these names are a part
Not of the book they're written in but of my very heart!

For each & every name stands for someone whose path 
Touched mine & then left such a print of friendship that 
I want to touch again: while it sounds fantastic that I want
To make this claim: I really feel we are composed of each remembered name!

So never think my Christmas cards are just mere routine
Of names upon a Christmas list forgotten in between
For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you
It's because you're on that list of folks I am indebted to!

Every year when Christmas comes I realize anew
The biggest gift life can give is meeting folks like you
May the spirit of Christmas that forever & ever endures
Leave its richest blessings in the hearts of you & yours!

Sent to me in a Christmas card many years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment