Wednesday 4 December 2013

New beginnings

I was worried about my mum
Talking about her illness to some
Upset & commiserating & yet
When I heard another's tale
I was just thankful instead for
My mum has lived her life; she's 75
A man told me of his despair
As he heard that his little grand-daughter
Had leukaemia at the age of 6
Really: what have I got to bitch about
Why should I just scream & shout
Mum's had a good innings: new beginnings
That's what life is all about: let's admit it
We are born into this world
We live this life we're given
We have so many years & then
We die & go to heaven: as some believe
Well the new beginning is my grand-daughter
She has come into this world to live her life
So as my dear Lord takes one life 
He gives another for us to love in her stead 
Thank you my dearest Lord for loving me!







No comments:

Post a Comment