Wednesday 11 December 2013

From Hungary with love

My dearest Magyar nagymama was amazing
She embroidered so many precious things for me
So many doilies and larger colourful runners too
Brought home for me by my precious mum: from Hungary
I had them all neatly put away: saving them for another day
When I could finally give them pride of place but
Over the years my daughter begged me please
To let her use some in her room: I agreed you see
Because I love her unconditionally: but now woe is me
There are stains upon those precious pieces!
As with all those things we think to put aside
In our silly pride they are lost: never used at all
So many things we lost in the flood; kept them safe
For what good? They are destroyed & tossed aside
Never to be used at all: such a shame: who to blame?
So now I realise that something loved is used with pride
No use putting it aside for who will then see it at all
I think I will frame many of those precious pieces
Perhaps cover them with a durable plastic matting
Yes I think I will do that: then display them all with pride
All my dearest grand-mother's handiwork: I will display
For all to see: not hidden away: a grand display!

No comments:

Post a Comment