Tuesday 3 December 2013

Age old lament

My eyesight is going
Don’t know where it’s gone
I guess that’s just another loss
I’m going to have to mourn
Lost my waist a long time ago
Sometime after having kids
What else is missing now?
I’m going to really have to think!
That’s right: my memory is on the blink!
Guess I’ll never be the same but
Some things have really improved!
I suppose I must explain! Now:
I don’t give a damn about my ears
Let them stick out all they want
Yes: my hair is going grey but
There are dyes to handle that!
Okay: I really hate this spare tyre
Hanging around my tubby waist
Can’t use it on my car: it’s stuck
Could maybe use it to roll around for fun?
Same with these “Tuck shop lady arms”
They’re certainly not good luck charms!
I don’t feel the cold in winter time
My mental-pause & hot flushes
Keep me warm & cosy all the time
I know I’ve let myself go over the years
But is it really worth crying all these tears?
My legs are like a mass of wobbling jelly
Same with this silly old rounded belly
Cellulite seems to be my curse: need help
Could probably shift it with a massive purse
But that’s not the way for me
I’m a stubborn old Ram you see
I’m going to join the gym because
I feel its sink or swim for me
I thank God there is a swimming pool
Just up the road in Cambrai
I asked the Lord to help me find myself
He answers prayers you see!
So it’s off to the local swimming pool
As many times a week I can and
Off to that little gym I’ve joined
Just up the road as well: I am determined
To fight back & reclaim myself again!




No comments:

Post a Comment