Friday 6 December 2013

Too close for comfort

As a kid I loved driving with my dad
He was my hero: my best ever pal
I remember one day as we were driving
A guy on a motorcycle: passenger & all
Driving way too closely behind us: dangerous!
Dad put on his brakes to let the guy know
And then the problem started: road rage!
He pulled out & passed us: angry looking
Thought my dad was just fooling but
He was just doing his best to drive safely
We were a young family going shopping
There was no malice in my dad's heart
No anger problems: just driving along

I watched with worry in my eyes as that guy
Put on his brakes again & again: silly man
He didn't seem to realise that if we hit
It would be much worse for him & his mate
Silly young man on his little motorbike 
Trying to intimidate: trying to compensate
For something he imagined we had done
Silly young driver: get a life: keep your life in fact
We were just out for some family fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment