Friday 6 December 2013

Road rage

Life is just so tough: roads are all clogged up
People are stressed to the max: time is short
People get so uptight: so hot under the collar
They just can't seem to help but yell & holler
At each other as they get behind the wheel
"You cut me off you rotten bugger!": what's the matter?
Why are we so mad at each other: so nasty?
Life is getting to us all: do we not recall?
How it feels to be so stressed and all over the place
Isn't this all just part of being in the rat race?
Everyone is having problems: can't we just understand
Life does not always go as planned: it really sucks!
We worry about our families; our jobs; our health
What about thinking about someone else?
They are undergoing the very same stress & strain!
Please let me explain: my mum is ill: I'm upset!
I worry that I won't have her around for too much longer
So in my anger; grief & pain I have complained
I have yelled at others in their cars: thought bad thoughts
Then I have apologised for being so uptight
Please just try to understand my plight: I know it's wrong
To be so negative; so distressed: for surely I am blessed
Where is my faith now that times are tough?
Isn't this where I've had enough: isn't this the time
When I should be so much stronger than before
Trusting in my dearest God & Lord: yes I should!
So I beg again my dearest one: please come
Into this troubled heart of mine: please come to my aid
I ask in faith for more patience & loving grace
For dearest Lord I am all over the place: forlorn
I need you more than ever before: I do indeed
So come dear Lord into this tortured heart
Lift me up & carry me until: my dearest Lord
Until I can stand alone again: but free to see
That everything goes as You have planned
I must settle down & trust again: all will be well
I will get through this time of pain: this hell!





No comments:

Post a Comment