Wednesday 18 December 2013

Scorcher 45 degrees

Today is a scorcher: it is so extremely hot
There's a total fire ban: no fires to be lit
It was already 40 degrees at 10 o'clock
The magpies are in the garage: cooling off
The stumpy tails are hiding on my veranda
Desperate for some coolness; anything at all
I've got a leaky pipe: the cats think it's great
Love lounging in my flower pots: when it's really hot
Hear the blowflies buzzing through my window screens
They are seeking shelter in my closed up house
I guess they're desperate for a little coolness too!
Outside the ground is burning: mirages abound
Looks like watery puddles all over the place
The air seems to be burning: it's so scalding hot
It difficult even to breathe when it is like that
So we stay inside: try to survive: air conditioners on
Full bore as we sit out this bloody heat
Later on we'll venture out: when the worst is past
Enjoying the cool swimming pool: yes that will be a blast
Santiago & I will have a race up & down the pool
We will have some fun: after the worst is past!

No comments:

Post a Comment