Saturday 7 December 2013

Primary school art lessons

I loved doing my art lessons at Primary school
I loved using those Cray-pas we got as were got older
Wax crayons were so boring and uncool: not arty at all
I still remember doing some finger painting
I decided to use my initials to make mine cool
Only trouble was Stephen Schultz had the same idea
Both our initials were SS but I had R in mine
He had an A! When the paint was dry we fought
I thought it was mine: he thought it was his!
Silly little kids we were but memories linger still
With Cray-pas the colours were beautiful
We did drawings first with the Cray-pas
Then covered them with paints: the result
Was wonderful to my child's eye: fantastic!
In grade 6 we did real life drawings
I loved doing those: felt I knew how to do it
Just had the knack: drew Lynnie Charlton
She was a great model: I did her proud
I should have given her that picture as she asked
I really wish I had but I took it home to keep
Folded it in half: it tore and I just tossed it
Silly child that I was: I remember well that silliness!


No comments:

Post a Comment