Wednesday 4 December 2013

Sucked in

I said I wouldn't play the face book games
I said I wouldn't get sucked in to playing
Well I guess that illness & boredom got me
I guess I was weak when I was sick: succumbed!
Games are designed to suck you in: get you hooked
Then when you want to play: they ask you to pay!
Well that part I will not do! No money wasted for me but
What about the others? What about the weakest link?
How do you then escape this trap that's been set?
How do I just say: "No! I'm having none of this!
So many darned games are made to lure you in!
So many quick little seemingly innocent past-times
All designed to get you wanting more & more!
That's how they make their money: those gambling sites
Trick you into thinking you won't fall: then they take it all!
Your will power is in tatters: don't care about important matters
All you want to do is waste your precious time at play
What about the rest of your day? What about other things?
Those things you were meant to do: your chores?
I know those things are boring; difficult to get around to but
They are the important things that need doing!
Those jobs that keep the household running!
I am so sorry that I got sucked in! I am sorry I had to play!
I'm sorry I ruined your precious day by asking you to play!
I'm sorry those annoying little requests: those behests
Upset the apple cart: yes I truly am disgusted with myself
For giving in to those insidious demands to play but
At least I now realise my mistake & can atone!
Hold the phone: they're available on your phone as well!
That's another kind of hell they have for you
Making sure you cannot just sit still & think
Stopping you from meditating: making relaxation a dying art!

No comments:

Post a Comment