Friday 6 December 2013

Hitch-hiker

Ever been in car trouble: couldn't get around?
Had to take the hard road: praying people'd lend a hand?
I was driving along the country road: carrying my load
Saw a hitch-hiker walking up ahead: thoughts of stopping in my head
Hubby said "You're not stopping for them are you?"
I just said "Got to find out if they're okay!"
So I stopped and she turned around: short, short hair 
Could've been a guy: 60 year old Haalia: desperate for a ride
Getting ready to walk up Sedan Hill: heading towards Angaston
Had to walk all that way just to pick up her car; no other way!
What a horrible trek to undergo on this hot summer day
Stopped and she got in: thanked me profusely for stopping
Said how embarrassing to be so alone upon the road
Nobody stopping to offer her a ride: all just driving by!
I apologised for my messy car: said she really didn't care
Chatted along the drive : told of my same need long ago
How a father and two young boys had come to my aid back in 1987
I remembered another time when our car had broken down
It was just out of Gawler: extremely hot summer day
The dear lady had not just allowed us to use her phone
She took us to Tanunda: all the way: after calling in at the golf course
Where she was due to meet her friends for some play
So this is how I think of it: what goes around comes around
If I can do anything to help another: I will and it will come back to me 
Through another: never ending circle of help goes around
God ensures we are there to help one another in trying times!


No comments:

Post a Comment