Sunday 22 December 2013

Glorious sunset

Wow! What a glorious sunset tonight
So many beautiful colours spread
Across the magnificent skies: so bright!
Though clouds obscured it's might
The sunset was a magnificent sight
First just a little golden yellow burst
Then as it progressed I was blessed to see
Wonderful pinks & blues: the palest hues
As I twisted & turned up & around the hills
The sun's glory increased & burst forth
In all its glory I was amazed: wow I said
'What a magnificent sight!" I thanked
The dear Lord for my precious eyesight
The sky was alive with the prettiest reds
That glowed so beautifully bright in my sight
As I sped along those winding country roads
My mirrors reflected each glorious colour
Right back at me: I swear it was fantastic
I had to stop my car to have a better look
Not photograph could ever look as good
As that magnificent sunset my Lord sent me!

No comments:

Post a Comment