Thursday 5 December 2013

The dance of life

Secret Santa brought me a present tonight!
We'd all brought something little to give out
Secret Santa was able to spread good cheer
Everyone received a little gift of sorts: here here!
I was one of the last to turn up for the giving but
I was pleasantly surprised to be sure!
The wrapping was golden: shining bright
With pretty red ribbon: & enclosed from sight
I knew it was a box of some sort; felt the edges
Knew from it's feel: knew from its weight!
A jewellery box it was: pretty as a peacock
Now I'm not one for wearing jewellery but you know
What amazed me most: were the beautiful words
Written there: they touched my very heart & soul
"Life" it said "is a dance to the music within you"
I felt like God had given this little box to me
(Tears appeared in my eyes as I blinked in surprise)
Thank you my dearest Lord for understanding me
For knowing me inside out: for loving me: unconditionally!




No comments:

Post a Comment