Tuesday 10 December 2013

Fuel spill

 Filling up the petrol tank in Port Adelaide
Michael wanted to help: I let him hold the nozzle
Thinking he understood about the pressure build up
Thinking that he could do it but he was only a little kid
Shouldn't have let him do it: shouldn't have agreed to it!
I'm so sorry honey I was a dolt! If only I hadn't been talked into it
The nozzle lifted out & spilled on you: tried to stop it from hurting you but 
I was too late: you were saturated! Stripped off your soggy clothes
Washed you as best I could right there & then: took you home

You'd already had enough excitement with the school trip to West Beach
We met you at Port Adelaide at The Maritime Museum: exciting stuff
After you'd been gone for several days: couldn't wait to pick you up
I always missed you so much when you went away for holidays
I was so glad that you'd had some fun & games: enjoyed the sailing
Happy that you'd eaten well at school camp: it was a worry champ
You were a fussy eater: I blame myself to going off to TAFE
For leaving at home with dad when you were only three but
That's the sacrifice I had to make: I had to go & study then!




No comments:

Post a Comment