Saturday 4 February 2012

Always for someone else

When I was young I was probably a pain
To my older brother and then again
Definitely to my cousins that's for sure
I got them into trouble more and more!
I was pissed off and told to go
Not wanted around so I'd spy on them
And tell the adults too!
I'd even get them to give me their loot
I'm sorry cuz for forcing you to cede 
Those awful yellow plastic earrings
That you'd got for your girl
I just wanted them; to hurt you all!
For kicking me out and closing the door!
I didn't mean anything by those tears
Just a bit of revenge and maybe a bit
Of righteous wrath, though it's only now I see
I was a little bitch, but only
'Cause I was a lonely little girl!
Then there was that Hawaiian girl
In the shape of an ashtray with her lei
She was like a pretty little doll!
Though you were my favourite
How come I caused you so much strain?
When it should have been the other one
He was a real pain!
It was only later that I got to realize
What he did to me did not make it right
It only made it worse
But in my innocence I never realized
The road I was set upon
Was fraught with so much pain!
If only he'd left me be! 
Would I have grown up changed?
Everything I did I did for someone else
Never as I grew did I get to rule the roost
I always remember letting everyone else
Lead me by the reins
That's how I suppose it made sense to me
As a little child
If you do what they want
You'll get them to play with you
But at what cost to that little girl?
To give everything to everyone 
All around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment