Tuesday 14 February 2012

Our weakness; God's strength

I think about that woman
She bled for twelve long years
I was only ill for six short months
Was frustrated near to tears
So weak, so tired; exhausted
Hardly able to exist
Couldn't stay out of bed
Some days were a foggy mist.
How did she cope for so long?
Then know that she was healed
By simply touching Jesus' robe.
He felt her as she healed!
He knew her faithful heart!
Oh Lord how do I thank you
For that love you do impart.
I feel your healing in my soul
I feel it in my heart.
You've shown me how much
You really do love me
By showing me your perfect art.
You are all powerful
You feel my utmost pain
My feelings of being useless
To your upper-most plan.
You comfort me and explain
It's when I'm at my weakest
That you use me thus.
You show me such great wonders
You show me how to trust
I love you Lord, for loving me
E'en at my weakest hour.
You show me how you've used those who
Will let you them empower.
It's only when we're weakest
That you decide to shower
Your illuminating presence
Your precious healing power
Upon these unworthy souls.
Who when they are strong
Ignore your wondrous call!
So thank you Lord for endowing me
With your unearthly love
For showing me how you prefer
To guide me from above!

No comments:

Post a Comment