Friday 3 February 2012

Where have you been all my life?

I've been waiting for you
You know it's true
My life's been empty
Until you came
I knew you
As soon as we spoke
I recognized your smile
I'd seen it all the while
In dreams and days gone by
How could I know and yet
There you were on the flesh
In colours so real
I'll never ever let
You go again
As long as I live
I yearn for your love
You know me inside out
You recognize my soul
You are my twin
You are within my heart
You are the sunshine in my eyes
You are the rain that brings me showers
You take my breath away
You fill my lungs again
You are me
In you I see
My painful younger days
You are in my dreams
You shadow me
You are the tears I cried
Yours were the hands that wiped my eyes
I know your love is deep
I see the smile that creeps
It appears in tears like rain
It glows in sun showers
You dwell within my heart
You'll never be far apart
You are the glue that holds me here
I see your smile
And all is well





No comments:

Post a Comment