Thursday 16 February 2012

Nightmare on the edge of reality

In dreams I wander around and about
Sometimes I'm flying or just down and out
I've been scared and chased and then
I've been happy and sad and when
I have the same dream all over again
I try to look deeper into the why and when?


Many long months ago I had 
A dream that made me seem glad
When it ended and so I was able
Then to see it just as a scary fable


Long months ago I watched as Good fought Bad
And when that Evil victory was almost had
I saw the Good Holy Knights come surging back
From the brink of disaster: as fighting they shone
As faster and faster the Evil was gone!
It was like Knights and Saracens
In the holiest of lands: all on horseback
With swords and huge lances
All covered in blood
I was so terrified when I thought that Evil was winning
But then as I turned to see the sun as it shone
I saw that the Good had finally won!


I woke up this morning all sweaty and scared
Shivering as I gladly opened my eyes
And I saw the sun shining through the window
I was so happy to realize it was just a dream!


I'd been fighting the Devil and he'd nearly won
He was trying to strangle me
His hands about my throat
We fought and shoved and struggled
As we pushed each other about
Together on the roof tops and also in my home


He looked so beautiful 
How could he be so bad?
His dark hair, brown eyes
My ideal kind of bloke
Little did I know it was his beautiful disguise!
He used it like a magician uses his cloak
To fool the world with a terrible hoax!


As we whispered back and forth
Using the words the Lord had spoken
On mountain top we struggled on
Until I was able to quote him undone!
I struggled and fought as he tried and tried
To bring me down; from high up above
In that four storey building where we lived
Me and my loved ones


The stairs up to our home 
Were difficult and steep
We assumed we were protected 
As in a castle's keep
Though we tried to hide and lock our selves in
He came in disguises and tried to get in.
He came as a postman; he came as a guest
He was so hard to pick as he talked and grinned
And unless we were vigilant
He would deceive the very elect!
He tried all the windows
And even the gate.
We were so terrified as
I tried my family so ably to guard
I tried to keep them all safely inside
My prayers and my love were as one
But I knew then and there that
I could not keep them from living their lives
Out from under my thumb!


As I sat up and wakened; the terror it fled
And though I thought it just a dream
I knew it was no such thing
The significant fact is true
He really is trying to win and woo
Us with his wily crafts and sin
And too often we open not our eyes; and let him in!


This battle is real and the war must be won
We can't let the devil persuade us to give up on this one
We must all look unto the Holiest Son
His is the only strength that cannot be undone!


I knew that God's love was the only strong light
That would be able to save us from the evil one's bite
How I've watched and worried for my children's lives
Like any mother on this earth in daylight
Will pray for her children from morning till night
And then still wonder if it will help in the fight
That goes on ever after till Evil is in flight!


Yet it isn't even finished then until God's word
Is fulfilled and Jesus' bloody sword
Redeems all sinners in general accord!
Those saints and law believers who
Will always persist; in doing God's word
No matter the twists; and go on fighting
With God's armour from up above!
Defending the weakest in honour and love
Knowing that all we protect and save with His word
Are those who cannot defend themselves!
The widows, the orphans, the children and the sick
Those are the friendless and the elderly too
All equally loved by our dear Lord above
None would He suffer to be harmed or undone!








No comments:

Post a Comment