Tuesday 14 February 2012

The little swallow

It flew into our home in error
A tiny little swallow
As it flew around the room
It fluttered about in terror
All it wanted was to escape
Back into its own landscape!
Little did it know I was its friend?
That I wanted just to show
It how to escape and let it go!
As it fluttered to and fro
Trying to decide where to go
I saw it fly around and land!
Certainly not upon my proffered hand!
It was too scared to say the least!
To it I was a scary beast!
As I tried to let it know
I was only there to show
It where it should go
To escape this scary place!
It flew into a tiny space
Behind the fire place
There I captured it in hand
So gently as it fanned
Its wings against my fingers
I wished to make it linger!
But I knew it was too scared
To accept my unwanted friendship!
So I gently held it there
As its tiny feet did scrabble
To find a purchase upon my
Warm and soft white skin!
I held it as I took it to the door
There I spoke in soft hushed tones
I felt its tiny fragile bones
This gorgeous little creature of our Lord.
I gently let it go into its own world and
There it sat near to it's nest
And looked back upon my up-turned face
As if to say "Thank you for your saving grace!
I will always remember your embrace"





No comments:

Post a Comment