Sunday 5 February 2012

The most wonderful gift

So as I opened up my heart and cried
The dear Lord must have seen something promising inside
For a most wondrous gift was given me
A gift for words straight from within my heart
That I might share His wondrous love
Has been bestowed upon me from above
Never before have I written words so appealing
That stole the hearts of so many ones a kneeling
So it is with greatest love that I write
That my Lord's will be done
For nothing am I unto this mortal's sight
But a feather on the breath of God
And thus am I prepared to open wide
This loving heart of mine and let Him guide
Simply and honestly these words inscribe!
Because the Lord hath blessed me so
With His love and showered me with His might
I call upon all those who read these words
Please think upon the Lord and ask His will
He awaits us all within His great loving heart
He wants to take us away from all harm
Just as when He walked upon this earth
So many years ago; 2000 years or so
And promised succour to all His followers
So still He waits- as for a wondrous birth
The Father looks patiently forward to our rebirth
With loving heart He holds us dear
With His precious words He guides us near
He holds back those angels that let destruction loose
They hold His every word so dear
He awaits our choice and makes it clear
Come unto me all ye who are heavy laden
And I will give you rest, for my yoke is easy 
My burden is light!









No comments:

Post a Comment