Thursday 16 February 2012

Simple sounds of love

How little it may seem to us
But to another it is bliss
Like singing a tune together
Even if it's just for Grace
Something you may never in a million years
Feel like anyone cares about
But that is how it is!
After being in hospital; my mum-in-law
Was back with us
As I did my usual chores
I tried to be quiet as a mouse!
My washing trolley it rattles
And it squeaks and it whines
At times it even shudders and jerks
As over the bumps it climbs!
I tried my best to tame it
As I went about my work
And after several loads
Dear mum cried out
"Are you doing the washing dear?"
She asked as I went out again
"Yes Love I replied
Sorry to disturb your rest!"
"Oh no don't be sorry" she said
"I was just enjoying the sounds
I've missed them oh so much
It was too lonely and quiet
In that hospital room
I'm happy to be home again
Where I feel a part of the goings on
Thank you for the sounds you make
They are the things I treasure most
As I lie here awake
It is with pleasure that I listen
To those squeaks and bumps
They make me feel at home 
And not down in the dumps!"

No comments:

Post a Comment