Wednesday 15 February 2012

The windy day

We travelled as the crow flies
My two little dogs and me
You're not leaving us behind!
We need some adventure too!


The wind it was a blowing
The trees they were astir
The bold dry wind was raging
The dust made all a blur


The grass was all a waving
The sky was brown and drear
I still had to walk; and fast
As time to meet my son drew near


I came upon a rabbit
Poor frightened little thing
It was terrified and shaking
Its eyes as round as rings


It flattened down all tensely
Its terror I could see
It was so very frightened
Of my little dogs and me


I tried to call my dogs; but they
All excited and at play
Could only see their adventure
Too busy enjoying the day


Thus the frightened little rabbit
Escaped a chase right there
He was allowed to run away
Free to live for another day



No comments:

Post a Comment