Thursday 9 February 2012

Country teen

When I was a teen growing up in the Riverland
There wasn't much for us to do
The closest we had to famous
Were the local radio station crew
I remember being asked on a date
For a dinner at the Barmera Hotel
I was young and silly and totally naive as
I actually thought the new announcer liked me!
But as the night progressed I could see the truth
As I was left alone to face the stares
And he went off to chat up the gorgeous blonde
Sitting across the table from our seats
I didn't really care that much for him
As we had just been introduced
But still it hurt and made me embarrassed
As he left me in the lurch
I don't know how I managed to carry on
But I just sat there and acted nonchalant!
Luckily for me, another guy took pity
An older announcer from the station
Apologised for the awkward situation!
We chatted on and spent the evening
Until it was time to head for home
Thank God Chivalry had not yet died
As I was thankful for the homeward ride!





No comments:

Post a Comment