Saturday 4 February 2012

Golden fields of life and love

If I were to look down from above
I'd see golden fields of Canola yellow
The sun shining down in love
Like waves upon the ocean mellow
Fields of wheat and barley grow; hand in glove
They are all alive and from below
As in a spacious green-rich grove
Little creatures live and grow
Hidden under this living mass
As the stems in the wind do blow
The life giving earth and grass
Provide all with life's warm glow
A whole little universe in riots amass
Swarming, living, burrowing, growing
Rabbits, mice and Bandicoots
Among the farmer's paddock's sowing
Playing, living and eating shoots
Never in fear and almost unknowing
Under the Wattles along the road's edge
Little Echidnas and small brown sparrows
 Alive and thriving, among the hedge
Digging their homes in tunnels and burrows
I've even seen a Southern Hairy Nosed!
As with God I converse in my times of sorrow
I've seen them all as I take my walks
These are the times when God's strength I borrow
I marvel and watch as I enjoy my talks
Upon this old railway track with its bumps and furrows
I even once came upon an emu walking along
The dry dusty road during the long drought
No good rains or moisture for so long!
So many people and creatures all doing without
The grey Kangaroos and little Joeys
Eating the leaves of any plant barely green
In my garden of natives and weeds
So many years ago we planted some trees
Now green Budgerigars, Galahs and magpies
Building their nests or just passing free
Do visit and sing just for me!
Their thanks for the rest, the food on the bough
Then off they fly into the sky up above
To continue their quest for life and for love
Having blessed our lives with their colours of love!









No comments:

Post a Comment