Wednesday 15 February 2012

Dear Nana Laid to Rest 21/7/10

It's only been a week or so
And I miss you oh so much
I miss your ready smile
I'll miss you all the while
I know you were so tired
You'd been through so much
I know how weak you'd been
Were you a sight to be seen?
But still your smile it shone
Though weaker than before
Your photos will endure
Your memory to ensure
The look in your tired eyes
Told of years of pain and yet
You always tried the hardships to forget
Trying times that beset your life
Your long journeys' ups and downs
Still your love shone through it all
You were a shining light
Your faith it kept you strong
Always in your heart and prayers
You cried for all the other's cares
Your thoughts of your own worries
Were careless as you hurried
Others to assist and aid
Your selfless love was your best asset
You loved to tend and to cosset
Thank you for your love
Thank you for accepting me
Though I called you Nana too
My second mum you really were
Your grandchildren will miss you too
You were always loving them
Great grandchildren you had three
Such a joy they were to thee
Your adoring looks said it all
"I love you" you said repeatedly
Now 'tis your time to sleep
Be at peace and He will keep
You in His loving arms until
He comes again and will
Take you to heaven up above!





No comments:

Post a Comment