Sunday 5 February 2012

Broken hearted

I remember when my heart was breaking
The pain was something else!
How could my heart really hurt so much?
How is it possible to feel such pain?
Would it ever stop?
Would my heart ever be whole again?
How would I cope?
What could I do to ease the pain?
How could I make it go away or just stop?
The pain was just so real!
The hurting did not abate!
My tears they poured like rain! 
They could not ease the pain!
Though I cried out to the stars above!
Nothing could undo my love!
No remedy there was!
To heal my breaking heart! 
And now as I watch my children cry!
I understand the pain they feel!
I feel my heart break with them!
And though my heart healed long ago! 
It is no less real now as it was then!
As it was happening to me!
It's just that I am so much wiser now!
I know it will ease a bit!
I know that the awful pain will settle down!
I know that first love can be so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment