Wednesday 15 February 2012

Little girl lost

I was that little girl; lost, was set adrift
So far from love; turned and tossed
O'er passed; always spurned
I searched and searched; to find my space
Could not find that welcome place!
Could not rest; though tried my best
But though I tried; was not so blessed
Was turned down; pushed away
Lost the path in those darkest days
Went astray; in darkness sprawled
Struggled; cried; could not be found
Waited; wailed till hope was lost
Was dumped right down into the dust
Struggled still; my mind it screamed!
Help me! Save me! Heart cried out!
Find me! Free me! Guide me out!
Finally saw that distant light
Struggled upwards toward that sight
Saw my journey levelled out
Found my path among the blight
Finally! God's love brought me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment