Sunday 5 February 2012

Uneasy in my skin

Never felt happy in my skin
Always felt like it didn't fit
Like something was wrong
Didn't know what but felt that sting
Like a rubbing of ill-fitting skin
Like an uneasy feeling
In the pit of my stomach
That queasy unsettled bit
Can't quite touch it
But it's there all the same!
A small niggling bite
Like a pinching of the skin
Is it too tight? Is it too loose?
Din't know but it's just not right!
Maybe I should have been a snake
I could then change to suit the day
Like a butterfly chrysalis!
Ready to fly!
 I don't know why I felt this way?
I really couldn't say!
Needed to try another style; another colour!
Maybe a complete new life
Erase me so I can start again!
A bit more confident
A bit less terrified of everything!
Help me start again
Without the abuse I suffered as a little child
Erase that part completely
Make me anew!
Redo! Redo! Redo!




Could you maybe make me a bit taller?

















No comments:

Post a Comment