Sunday 5 February 2012

Misfit

You've heard of those square pegs and round holes
Well I guess I'm one of those that don't fit
One of those misfits; the odd one out
The one that doesn't fit into the box
The weird one; the odd one out
The one that broke the mould
The crazy one; the silly one
The one that was too shy; too scared to speak up
Yes ! The odd one out
Yeah; that's me! I'm different you see
I am one of those that was missed out
Over passed; never picked until the last
The last choice; without a voice
The misfit; the odd one out; yes, that's me!


But now I'm back!
I've found my voice; guess where?
There it was right within me!
Tired of being blotted out; held back
Stifled: suffocated; gagged with fear!
I'm here!


Yes! I'm here to make a stand
To be the one that guides the way!
For the underdogs like me! The misfits! 
The odd ones out! The little ones!
Too tiny to be heard! 
The hurt ones; the abused ones!
The used ones; the bruised ones!
It's time the tables were turned!
To stand up for those who can't stand up!
To speak for those who can't speak up!
Simply because I have a voice!
Simply because I have a choice!
We all have that choice to join together
To make that change; to see it done!
To watch it grow from strength to strength
Misfits unite! Let's take the world by storm!
Demand a chance to make that choice
Be the voice that makes the change
Never give up till we're heard
Don't just follow in the herd
Be heard! Be the word of truth!



No comments:

Post a Comment