Tuesday 20 March 2012

30 Seconds

You have 30 seconds to check me out
I have 30 seconds to make my point
If you don't like what you see
Then I won't make the grade at all!
But you can't see this heart inside of me
You can't know what thoughts fly through my mind
All you see is this face and outer layers
You can't see inside or hear my silent prayers
Only God has dominion over my mind and soul
The rest is here to follow these worldly rules
These rules that state what one should look like
That one should act a certain way throughout the day
And how one must do what seems the perfect way
But how can you know what I am like?
How can you know what I think and feel?
If you don't lower your radar eyes
And listen to this heart that beats inside
If you only see the outer; imperfect me?
How will you ever know what guides and sets me free?
From all this worldly strife and on-going stress
Will you so quickly make up your mind?
And push my words aside?
Because I am not what you want to see?
Because I am not what you want me to be!
I am me; I am the one who wants to share my strengths
I may not look like much to the untrained eye
But though I am small and insignificant to you
To my dear Lord I am filled with love and joy!
I long only to praise Him and do His will!
I only want to be by His side and let Him guide!
In 30 seconds He knows me inside out
He knows my heart and my mind before I can decide
Oh my dear Lord I love Thee who knows all of me
He knows my sins from darkest days and yet
He loves me still!











No comments:

Post a Comment