Wednesday 21 March 2012

Stunted growth

For many years I was stunted
Simply because I had no faith
In myself or anyone else!
I look back now and realize
That what my cousin did
To me was wrong!
And as that little child
I felt burdened by that shame
Little knowing that I was not to blame!
How can a little child ever understand?
How can a little child ever see the cause?
That all her shame and worrying
Was not what she did wrong
But what was done to her instead!
She was not to blame!
So how to go on living?
How to grow apace?
When everything seems amiss!
Everything a disgrace!
It was only recently
That I was ever game
To finally tell of my circumstance
To tell my parents that
What happened all those years ago
Was still with me until
I could finally understand
And let it go at last!
He's dead and buried now!
I suppose I'm not surprised
But still the thoughts do linger
Of what he might have said
Had I asked him to explain to me?
Those reasons in his head
When he did what he did to me
And left me to bear that shame alone!
Now through prayer and understanding
I offer up my pain!
I ask the Lord to help me grow
Upwards; strong and sure
For when He gave His life for me
The promise that I claimed
Was that any sins I had to bear
Would be taken up from me
And nailed to that bloody cross
In dear sweet Jesus' name!

No comments:

Post a Comment