Wednesday 14 March 2012

My prayer

I love to watch the day go by
To sit and feel the breeze and sigh
Oh how wonderful to be alive
To feel the love and know the way
To enjoy this paradise we claim today
Every moment would be the same
If we could but while this time away
But is there not a more important way?
To live this life we live each day?
"Yes of course!" I hear you say
There is more to this life
Than "Come what may!"
I also love to let my dear Lord hold sway
To thank the Lord and pray all day
If I could say "Thank you" a million times
It would not be enough to really show
How much I do appreciate His love
For though I am but a little thing
My thoughts do fly; my heart has wings
In every little thing I do!
I offer up my prayers to Thee!
My dear sweet Lord I am but nought
Not even worth your tiniest thought
But still I endeavour to You include
In all that I would hope to do!
So my Lord I let You in
I think of You when ere I think
Of anything at all!
My every little thought and urge
Is guided by Your living word
And so I ask You in my heart
To be there with me from the start
For without You Lord I am so lost
Never could I count the cost
Of loving You too dear!
For always in my heart and soul
I want You here with me and though
I live my life in this drear world
I'd sooner dear in heaven be
Seated close beside Your knee
For that my Lord is where I'd be
If ever I had that choice
Oh to hear Your dear sweet voice
In heaven would I truly be!







No comments:

Post a Comment