Tuesday 6 March 2012

My Life

I've spent my life living with so many fears
Yes I've wasted so much time over the years
In supposing this or that and wondering what if?
And dreaming away all my time in restlessness
Not looking forward to a happy life
Did I not deserve to have that joy amid the strife?
Too many times I've held myself back from living
Seems like it was always me who did the giving!
Yes always me who made the first move
Giving in and letting the other lead to keep things smooth!

Now I look around and wonder why?
Why did I let the others lead the way?
Why did I let the world just pass me by?
Whay happened in my life to leave me thinking thus?
Well may you ask the question that must be asked!

Now I see the path my life has led
Now I understand the ways of life my feet have trod
I see the scared little girl that I once was
I see the haunted look behind my lowered eyes
Yes now I know where I fell from grace and happiness slid away
Now I see that little girl left behind amid the the ruins
How my innocence was perverted and betrayed
Now I know where innocence was lost
Or better yet; where innocence was tossed!
By one who thought to use my naivete?
My childhood was taken from me and never found
My paradise was lost!

How does a five year old explain to herself?
That what was done to me was no fault of mine!

A life lived and appreciated is the key to be understood!
The things we do are what make us who we are!
The choices that we make are the keys to happiness!
It's just that sometimes it takes us a little while
To realize the blessings we've been given!
To learn from our mistakes ans be able to help others
What joy to understand this blessing from our Lord!
Our job is then to help others through their lives
To just be there when someone needs a listening ear
To be able to say; yes I really do understand!
To be able to shine a little light and be if assistance
To let the love of our dear Lord be the light in our every day
To shine as brightly as a supernova in our own little world!

No comments:

Post a Comment