Thursday 22 March 2012

Beautiful Wanderer

Beautiful wanderer where have you been?
How far have you been travelling on the wing?
Have you flown far to find my flowers?
Do you worry about getting wet in April showers?
What do you think of as you fly?
How far can you soar up into that azure sky?
Do you know where to go when night is here?
Is there anything that you really fear?
Do birds try to eat you as you fly along?
Do you listen to the Willy Wagtail's song?
What pretty flowers draw your eye?
How hard is your life and do you cry?
For days gone by and family long gone?
How many days till you move along?
So many questions I want to ask but
I know you'll never reply! Why?
Because you're a butterfly!
So winter is coming and days grow short!
The sun rises later; the world grows cold!
I'll miss your bright orange wings but you know
I look forward to seeing your children in the spring!





No comments:

Post a Comment