Tuesday 20 March 2012

Doing the Tonsilitis Tango

When I was just a little girl
When I was just a child
My tonsils were inflamed
I was ill for quite a while
And no matter how the story goes
No one is to be blamed!
Each time I'd get better
Then I'd get ill again
So we did the tonsilitis tango
And this is how it goes!
My parents smoked those cigarettes
My tonsils would get bad
And even with the medicine 
There was hardly a time to be had
When I was free of that infection
When I was fine and dry
'Cause those poor little tonsils
Just wouldn't get fine!
Finally the doctor said
You have to swallow pills!
But no matter how I tried
Those tiny blue pills 
Just would not downward slide!
Finally at the end of my tether
My dad said Just one more way to try!
As he got me to open wide again
And tossed those pills inside!



No comments:

Post a Comment