Wednesday 21 March 2012

Blinded by the light

Often in my prayers I open up my heart
And ask my dear Lord to be able
To see Him in His glory!
But because He is so beautiful and bright
I would only be blinded by His light!
So how do I manage to see Him thus?
Well I'll tell you my story!
It is only through my painful life
That I've been blessed
In that it is in my mind that He is there
Sharing His pain and glory
As I pray and communicate with Him daily!
Often my prayers are conversations
Where we share our inner-most thoughts
Where I am finally able to become a part
Of His most wonderful family!
Through my baptism in Christ
By my renouncing my former life
I am closer to my dear Lord than ever before
I am no longer tossed upon that heaving shore!
The light within me grows
As in my mind He shows
How He is the light of all the world!
And it is only through Him that I
Can finally be at peace in my mind
Knowing that He gave His life for mine
On that darkest of days in history!
When He took my sins upon His shoulders
And nailed them to that cross!
This He did for me!
This He did for every one of us
Because of His great love for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment