Tuesday 6 March 2012

What would you do for friendship?

WhenI was just a lonely teen
I wanted friends so bad
I Thought I'd do anything
If only there were friends to be had!
So when the chance came
To join a group of friends
I thought it would be easy
To do just what they asked
"To be in our special group
You have to toughen up
'Cause we all smoke and swear
You have to do the same!"
So I spent my hard earned money
And laid out my eighteen cents
And bought a pack of fags
They were filters of Viscount!
And so I thoight I'd be as tough
Thought it would be as easy as
To join in and have that smoke!
But boy was I mistaken!
'Cause I nearly choked and chucked
The taste so awful and revolting
It made me feel all dizzy and disgusting
My head was spinning round and round
And they were all just grinning
"You're one of us now!" They said
I pretended to continue
To smoke and carry on
'Cause that's what they expected
But happy I was not!
I didn't enjoy the pastime
No matter how hard I tried!
Then I realized something else
You'll know what that was I presume?
That I really wasn't happy
Trying to be someone that I was not!
No matter what the ending
Those were not friends at all!
To force me to do their bidding
And not accept me as I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment