Wednesday 14 March 2012

When sleep escapes

How hard it is to get some sleep
How difficult to relax and sigh
So easy it is to wonder why
When tiredness comes 
But sleep escapes me!
I can't seem to get it right
Some parts too loose; others too tight!
And sleep eludes me!
Wriggle up and down again
Twitch and sigh and move again
Never seem to catch that groove
'Cause sleep is so hard to keep!
And so sleep eludes me!
I turn over and try this way
When it doesn't work
I try another
And still sleep escapes again!
As rest departs and stress returns
As sleep escapes me!
No matter what I try to do
Even after going to the loo
The sleep escapes me!
Sometimes I lie awake
Seems like half the night is gone
I maybe catch a few short hours
But then the sun comes up
And light invades
My eyes do beg for more dark night
But sleep has run from me again!
The day is come
And I must rise
I wipe the tiredness from my eyes
And try to face the day that comes
Even though the sleep escaped!
I get up and struggle on again
For the day is here
The precious time is upon me!



No comments:

Post a Comment