Wednesday 7 March 2012

Don't waste your breath

A few weeks ago I paid a visit
To a lovely friend of mine
I hadn't seen her for quite a while
She was overjoyed to see me
As I rang that old door bell
And she was hugging me so fiercely

As she welcomed me inside
We'd prayed together several months ago
When she was terribly ill and had no one to pray
Now as I looked upon her most delighted face
I was happy to see her looking so very well!
We talked and chatted along for quite a long while
And she asked me for a favour
Another prayer for someone else as well!
We prayed for joy in her life
With her new man and his little boy
She was ready at long last for some love and happiness!
We talked some more of others then
And she mentioned another guy
Who needed prayers for him and his little boy too
The mother was mentioned and as she cautioned me
I said I was already praying for her
Her baby was due in a couple of weeks.
"Don't waste your breath on that one!
She doesn't deserve your prayers!" she said
Ans she listed her bad behaviour
And told of her past life
I was shocked to say the least
I'd only known her for a little while!

Later as I left and went on home
I was still thinking about her and her lonely tale
Surely if she was so bad; she needed extra prayers
Not absolute dismissal from my prayer list
And this is how my thinking went for several more weekks

Today it struck me really hard!
What if someone many years ago
When I was doing such stupid stuff
Had talked of me and whispered
To a friend of hers
Knowing of my stupid behaviour
And positive in her judgement right there and then
Had said to that friend of hers?
"Don't waste your breath on her!
She doesn't deserve your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment