Wednesday 14 March 2012

My memory

To have a good memory
Is truly a gift from God!
To remember lots of facts
To quote them off by heart
To remember every ones birthdays
The phone numbers of friends
The words of Jesus Christ
Every little thing
That makes the memories ring
Is captured there inside
To make it easier to live!
Yet in the darkest hours
Something in me hides
It has been lost in there for good
Those bits that linger misunderstood!
The pain that sticks inside
That hides and will not abide
There are wisps of memories
Those are never going to fade
And yet they hide inside
With too much pain coincide
Sometimes I get a glimpse
At other times I really wince
Did I really lose myself?
Is there no place to hide my shame?
Please don't say that name!
I don't want the pains to come
I'd rather they stay away
Don't come near me unaware
I am not the same as then
I will not bend and then break like then!
I am stronger now at last
I'd rather forget what's past
My Lord has forgiven me
My sins are washed away
My Lord has saved the day
When willingly He came
To take away my shame
He gave His life for me
He did the same for thee!
His blood has washed me clean
His tears He shed for me
The life was given free
To everyone like me!
Who'd sinned and slipped and fell
Almost down unto hell
Jesus came and took my pain!











No comments:

Post a Comment