Tuesday 20 March 2012

Losing stuff in the flood

It doesn't matter what happens to my stuff
It's just that I don't like sleeping in the rough!
Well if this is rough I don't mind telling you
I don't envy the poor overseas who live in bamboo
We don't have electricity or sweet smelling clothes
But at least we can wash and sleep indoors
The carpets are gone; they smelt like mouldy old dough!
And we have some power from the little granny flat
There are just enough cables to plug the kettle in
Then if you want toast that's another thing; you deal with that
But at least the choice is there and the phone rings
We couldn't save the frozen foods or vegies in the fridge
But the supermarket's just around the corner over the bridge
And if you don't have the cash to feed the family
There's help to be had just up the road in Murray Bridge!
I'm sorry that the water's made such a mess
But at least there's no shit floating down from the ridge
It wasn't a tsunami; just a bloody huge wash
Never had a mess like this my entire life!
But boy do I regret the thoughts I thought before this crash!
Be careful what you wish for when you complain of what you've got
It sure as hell beats not having a great lot!
But the dear Lord works in mysterious ways
And I did say I wanted my home cleaned out!
Well if this is His response I can only thank Him heaps
'Cause this will surely be one huge help in forcing me to make that start!
I tried my best to clean up around this place
But in my weakened state I didn't get so far!
Well thank you Lord for showing me how horrid a mess can be
And thank God we didn't have to climb any trees!
Dear Lord thank you for that appointment down in Adelaide
So we didn't have to witness your great and awesome power
I know I would have tried to save the place
Couldn't have done any other thing and You knew that all along!
So You knew it would be better to keep us safe from harm
We had a safe night at dear Shelley's place!
Just as well You knew how to make us stay away
'Cause Shelley's loneliness made us decide to stay!











No comments:

Post a Comment