Tuesday 6 March 2012

One cut; lost three days

Cut my fonger to the bone
Now I feel so lost; alone
Lost the days; they just slipped by
Didn't feel like I'd even closed my eyes!
Suddenly it's not the same
Can't even comb my mane
Operation went real good
Couldn't even cut my food
The stitches climb around my pinky
They do look kinda kinky!
As they tell the tale that had to be
Surgeons took real good care of me
Found the ends of my severed nerves; and tendon
Pilled them back in sync; fandango!
Made them do the Stitches Tango
As they carved deeper there inside
To find and fix my severed pride
The anaesthetic did the trick
Fast asleep as they went about so quick
Ninety minutes in the operating theartre
Couldn't have sewn it any neater!
Watch out for those sharp serrated knives
Cut so fast; so deep; unpasteurised
Heaven help my silliness
Could have saved me from this mess
Now I'm tied up in this new unsteadiness
Can't do a fricken thing
Have to wear this silly brace
As everything is done for me
Can't even go alone to pee
Can't click my fingers and just be
But I found a new friend in all this mess
Priscilla has become a part of me
Lets me unwind and see the funny side
Just need to find some googly eyes
Maybe draw on a crooked smile
Help the children realize
Stay away from those shape, sharp knives
Goota appreciate everything we got right now!
How quickly all can change
It's so nice to have two good hands
Just like our dear Lord planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment