Tuesday 13 March 2012

Moving Day

The trailer was loaded; the car was full
Now to travel and deliver; the stuff we towed
Shelley was waiting; across her street
So we were driving; her to meet!
The day was heating; the sky was clear
Couldn't wait to see her; the gear to unload!
We left at eleven; we got there at two!
Of course we stopped; to eat and refuel
The goods were heavy; the fuel was all used
But happy were we; our girl to aid
The unloading went smoothly; the joy so sweet
To hug and greet her; in the street!
We met friend Lucy: and her mum
I'll remember Leslie; their aid was welcome!
We set up the bed; the lounge as well!
Then we had a booboo; as the wardrobe it fell!
Too big and tall; to fit through the door
We scratched the mirror; in the tiny little hall!
Oops we said: but no real harm done!
We'll pay for the repairs; and all will be well!
So as we moved and shoved; all the furniture
Was in and stowed; thankful we were
To shift that load!
Ian and Angus leant their aid
Helped to move Josh's few things into the house
Thank you guys for chipping in
Couldn't have done it by ourselves!
We left Shelley then and off we went
To visit Santiago down at Glenelg
He was so happy there waiting with his mum
So joyful and happy to see us come!
So much more to do that day
An appointment and then some shopping too!
By the way Humberto came home
Just in time as we were wondering
How to solve the rhyme?
So Tim and Humberto stayed right there
To be with Santiago while Mick and I 
Took off with Vanessa to do the other stuff!
No appointment was fixed so off we all went
To Marion Shopping Centre via Diagonal Road
Parked near David Jones close to JB Hifi's
So urgent it all was for Michael's intent
Was to spend his money so heaven sent!
Thank you dear Lord for that small Cross Lotto win!
Just what was needed! To make his day!
Now Nes and I were hungry; both had  thought the same
So off to little Italy the place we headed for!
The food was delicious; the company divine
That's how we spent some of the time!
Now Michael he had gone to the car to check his games
So we wandered round; Target's discounted ladies gowns
My Nes needed clothes to cover her baby bump
And I wanted to aid her at this time
We found lots of bargains and so we asked the price
And found they agreed with what I had left!
Then as I was tired; my hiccups came as well
That's how I knew; Michael was calling me! 
Poor sick darling; feeling so unwell!
Just wanted us to get there and take him home again!
He was really upset; 'cause we'd left him for so long
So we apologised and set off for home!
On the way home we got a buzz; please bring home some drinks
As all the others were thirsty as well!
Then Michael had KFC and Tim had Noodle Box
A pizza for Violeta and Manuel; Santiago had  a snack box
It was good to see everyone at the house!
As we all sat around; Humberto called up Skype
To speak to Sergio around the world!
In Sweden it was minus three; So glad we were in Australia to be!
Now as it got later; we began to worry!
As we'd forgotten how soon it would darkened be!
The trailer's lights weren't working; though we'd tried them to mend!
Nothing could save us from this terrible fix!
I'd started praying form that morning when we'd left
To get us all there safely; no problems on the way
Now dear Lord I prayed once again!
To get us all home safely all over again!
No highway patrol men to stop us and ask us why or when?
I'd just read a lovely book; about being God's children
And how we should ask for everything !
So I asked the Lord to keep us safe
And should there be a policeman; to have him facing off
In a different direction!
Should we pass him by in the fading light?
We went up the free-way; Tim was driving then!
I was so exhausted; Michael fell asleep along the way
I tried to keep watch and continued to pray
We got to Murray Bridge and went the back way
Didn't want to cause any problems along the way
All was going well as my Lord's praises I did sing
Until we got to Mannum and turned for home at last!
As we travelled on that empty road; I remembered that book!
And started praying in tongues: The only other one I knew
In Magyar I prayed to Him; Just as as this was happening
I saw the stripes and checkers on that lone police car
As we passed him in the dark I continued to thank and praise the Lord! 
Along the way no sirens sounded; no flashing light display!
We were free to go our way! Thank you Lord! 
I thanked Him once again! And as we were driving 
A message heaven sent! The brightest shooting star!
That I had ever seen; was right before our eyes!
And while it lasted quite a while; it was my little miracle!
Because you see; when ever I do ask
Of my Lord to give a sign; 'Tis always a shooting star I ask Him for!
This one was unasked for; it came out of the night sky
As if to say I Love you; And thanks for praying so
I heard your prayers all day; and I appreciate your faith
By praying in the only other tongue that you know how to do
I bless your faith and love! This is your reply from up above!

No comments:

Post a Comment