Wednesday 7 March 2012

Sedan Hills: Windmills

This Earth has had enough
Of being dug right up
She cries out for deliverance
We take her coal and all her gold
What do we really leave her?
We tear out her lungs
(Our precious trees)
We plough her lands and
Let loose our beasts of burden!
But can't we see or hear?
Can we not realize?
Our dear Earth is hurting!
Now I don't want Nuclear plants!
Electricity ones are bad enough!
I've seen the ravages of mining!
We don't have hydrpo electric power
So why not allow some windmills?
Yes I know! I've heard both sides
I read that page of terror
When one farmer cried
What have I done?
And finally saw his error!
I've seen all those photos!
But the questions still need answers!
We need to find new power sources
Which don't tear at our Earth's crust?
Which don't contaminate our planet!
So what is another solution?
I don't know what it's like
To live underneath a giant
But what alternative have we?
After weighing up both sides
Surely common sense must guide
All of those who've raised their voices!
There must be give and take
There's got to be good reason
For the way we all decide
Which way we all must go
To save our Earth from more poisons!

No comments:

Post a Comment