Wednesday 14 March 2012

Now I must let you go 2

I taught you right from wrong; I taught you to be strong
I did my best to have you blessed; I made those choices all along
I loved you from the beginning; I even taught you swimming!
I let you have lots of fun; as long as you listened in the long run!
Honesty is the best policy!; Truth is the daughter of Time!
I knew you had to learn; to really toe the line!
I cuddled you as much as I could; when you were a little child
Because I knew all along; that I would have to let you go
That once you grew into that adult; that you were meant to be
I knew I'd have to let you loose; to sit back and let you be!
I knew I wasn't perfect; I know at times I lost the plot
I realize my worries ; were hard for you to bear!
I know I did embarrass you; in front of all your friends
But by now I hope you have forgiven me?
For all those silly things I did as I watched you climb life's tree!
Being a tomboy myself; why should I have expected you
To grow up so different from me?
I had my times in teenage hood; when I was quite the cow!
I look back at my young life and see my problems now!
I see my silly traits in you; yet I'm proud to be your mum!
I know the distance you have come; to be what you are now!
Yes I know it was so hard to fit in amongst the crowd
But when you look back later on; you'll know you did me proud!
You will realize I did the best I could; you will maybe agree
That sometimes I'd love to take you back; to those happy times with me
When things were good!;and let you see!
When times were tough we walked the miles; in uneasy sisterhood!
But you know that through all those times; I loved you as best I could!
Now I see in you the adult I wanted to be!
You missed so many of those stupid things; that I wish I had missed as well
But in the end my stupidity in those days; was fodder for my desperate need!
To save you from that silly girl that was me; and lead you down a better path
Than that was paved for me!
I pray that in my naive and silly ignorance; I learned those lessons well
So I could pass on my better grasp of how the world was run
Without imperilling your great sense of fun! 
I'm glad I made all those stupid mistakes; if I could save you from making some!
Because I'd rather you enjoy your youth; and not look back upon those silly things
I know that we've all done!
My prayers for your happiness are ongoing every day
I know that as you continue to grow; I will have less and less say
In how you do live and what you do; So this is what I give to you!
I bless you and I give you all the joy there is; in loving life to the full!
I pray that all those lessons will; remain in your heart and in your mind!
And hold you in good stead; as you go about your busy life!
Know that I am with you still; I will always be here for you!
As any loving mother should!
Just call me up and talk to me; when ever you feel you could!
And I will ease your load for you; as dear Jesus does for me!
And remember that I am your mother; and your sister too in Jesus' family!
For if giving you up to the dear Lord; will save you from any pain
I gladly surrender up my motherhood; to see you all His guidance gain!
So I gave you life and loved you well; when you were my little child
Now I do give you up; I remove my apron strings
And send you out upon the stormy seas of life!
But knowing how great God is: removes my worries now!
Because He is all powerful; He has the grace and love
To keep you safe from harm!
So into His dear loving hands do I; surrender your life to Him!
And together will we pray for you as loving family!



















No comments:

Post a Comment