Tuesday 13 March 2012

The muddle headed teenager

No muddle headed wombat here
Just a silly teenager
Surrounded by her fears!
So up-tight and riddled with
So many weights and strings
All tied up in tangled knots!
How to undo them?
It would surely take me years!
What do I say? What do I do?
Will I make a goose of myself?
Does he like me too?
Will she be my friend?
If I confess my fears?
Will she tell the world?
Or will I weep my tears?
By myself and self ashamed?
How will I know what to do?
Do I forgive every little thing?
Or do I stick to my guns?
Her tears not listened to!
Help me help myself
Am I wanted here or not?
What if someone notices?
My horrid old school shoes!
Will I be too short to see over the fence?
Who will see my ears are too big?
Will I make any friends?
Will there be anyone at all?
Who likes the person that I am?
Will I be left behind?
Am I trying too hard to be someone?
That I am not and will I be?
Invited their fetes?
Or laughed at behind their hands?
What if I'm the only one?
Nobody wants on their team?
Will I ever be happy in this skin?
I don't know? Will  I ever know?
Will I ever grow to understand?
This human that I am?













No comments:

Post a Comment