Tuesday 6 March 2012

Virgin sacrifice

When I was still sweet sixteen
I wanted to experience that thing between
A woman and a man because
It seemed like a good idea at the time!
The raging sea of hormones was awash
Within my blood there was a rush
As If I'd taken some strong drug
That made me be what I was not!
How naive to think that I
Could sacrifice my most sacred thing
To throw it away upon a fling
No love between us there
Just lust so new and bare!
How lucky it was for me
That my sacrifice was rejected then
By a knight who knew so much more
He said "No way, I'm not doing this!
So reckless and so urgent as your want
I thought you'd done this thing before
It's just not right to fling yourself
At me without a care
Simply because you feel so strongly
At this moment in time; right here and now
Without no reason nor rhyme
Pkease think a bit and look around
Surely you'd want to give this prize
In a much more loving way than this!
So we parted after just a kiss
And I was left to want that supposed bliss
Until a less scupulous and kind man
Saw me as just a thing and took it all
Without even a backward glance
Leaving me still yearning for loves embrace
And sighing for that chance
To experience that love
That I was expecting to take place
Just like in that fairy tale romance
Where love comes out of the blue
And changes my life
And brings love so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment