Wednesday 7 March 2012

Falling through time

Today I fell; luckily, not flat on my face
Thankfully not from my Lord's grace
But I did fall and hurt myself
Certainly my pride did suffer some
But the fact that I fell upset me more
For I was not concentrating on my feet
My mind was far away: overseas
My thoughts were way ahead of me
And that's not a good thing as you'll see!
As I prepared to walk out of that place
My poor knee copped the biggest bruise
Nothing else seemed so bad
But of course; later on the tale did change
Now I hurt all over; everywhere!
Well almost; not my hair!
My eyelashes did escape as well
But boy do I feel so much older today!
It seems like years since I could save my self
And turn my body round to escape
But now as my body slows on down
It seems like things aren't going as well!
Oh to be young and full of life!
To be able to leap about and run along!
To be able to overcome such silly stuff
So easily call Time's bluff!
I'd like to think I'm maybe halfway through
This time I have on Earth with you
Many more years I'd like to know
A few decades at least would be the go!
But watching Nana slip away
Slowly losing flesh and thoughts
So slowly getting older as time flew by
Like it does today; right now; this year speeds ahead!
Time passes and leaves us bruised
The Earth spins and we let go
Earthquakes toss us back and forth
Mountains rise from lava flows
Where time goes; no-one knows!
"Let every moment count!"
That is what I say!
Count your blessings every day
This moment is all we have
By tommorrow it's gone the way
Of all life as we do know!
Let this present be as it is called
A precious present for us all
For tommorrow is coming and none can halt it
Grasp what life gives and enjoy each breath
For who knows what tommorrow brings?
Every cuddle and kiss from little ones
Need to be grabbed with life's gusto
For how long til grandsons say
"No Nana! Don't kiss me today!
Memories need making now
Stay happy and go with the flow
Don't fight against the tide
It's so much stronger than we know!
The waves will crash upon the shore
Whether I'm here to see it or no
Yet still those waves that threw me down
Will come again to do so again
I have no strength to stem the tide but
I have this happy heart to pass the day
I have patience to guide me forth
I have my Lord who loves me still
Though I was once so lost; forlorn
Now I feel the pull if gravity
I see the truth behind those words
I understand how life goes on
I try not to feel a grudge or frown too much
For love and light are free to own
Only forgiveness and love must be passed on
For who will stand alone again?
After so much loved has been given out?
Forgive and pray and spend a smile
Feel the gift passed on in love
All the world will feel the pull
When love and laughter save the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment