Tuesday 13 March 2012

Respect

Madonna got it right when she sang
Respect Yourself in her song
Because it is surely true
That no-one will respect you
Unless you respect yourself!
That was one thing that I never had
Though I never saw myself as someone bad.
I tried to get along with every one there was
But never got that respect; that I never had!
I know it is so easy now
To lay the blame at another's feet!
For what I see as my shame
Well I do blame ...
For not respecting me! 
I was just a little kid; didn't even know
What blame could be?
He took away my loneliness
But caused me shame instead!
So I lay down all my troubles upon his head!
Never told anyone until recently
Never had the guts to really come clean!
I'd confided in my man; and my children too!
As they grew up; I found I could talk to them too!
I realized too late in life; what the problem was
And got myself in strife
Whilst trying to live my worthless life!
I searched high and low; to find a friend
But really I was looking for; my self respect instead!
Well; I've finally found it!
And guess where it was?
Hiding under a bushel; down a twisted path!
Now as I lay myself down at Jesus' feet
And ask for His for forgiveness
For my stupid past regrets
When I think about all the pain to Him I caused
I have to kneel down and allow my frown to depart
Because He has written His forgiveness in my heart!
Thank you Lord for loving me!
This lonely sinner that I was
Your blood has washed me clean
No longer under thrall I am!
Freedom has been granted me
And I love you so!
You were the only one who could set me free!
The only one who could truly see!
Right into my heart; and straight through me!
Thank you dear Lord; a million times!
Now I know why you said
"My grace is sufficient for thee!"









No comments:

Post a Comment