Tuesday 20 March 2012

My Little hero

I've spent the week past
With my dear grandson
I've watched him play and sing
I look at how much love is there
In that perfect little mind and body
I marvel at the making of a life!
The pleasure in the laughter
The wonder in the questing mind
The questions I must answer
To keep him entertained!
He speaks English and Spanish
And a bit of Hungarian tossed in to boot!
Sometimes the things he says
Are really just a hoot!
He likes to make a joke
He likes to play around
He's into all those poo-poo jokes
He just likes hearing all the sounds!
He adds the words together
And laughs and giggles quite a lot
Sometimes we simply lose the plot!
He's asking words and meanings
He's making some things up
He pretends he's having chocolate pasta
The favourite food he's got!
We watched a movie together
"How to train your dragon" is the one
His favourite at the moment!
He says he is Hiccup
And his mummy is his Astrid
The one that he adores!
So even at three years old
He wants to be the one
The hero of the moment
The one who saves the day!
He recognizes that there is more
Than just being a little boy
His eyes are full of stars
And he is so beautiful that way!







No comments:

Post a Comment